July 27, 2009

Do I have to write something on this?????

Facebook: I Support Cambridge Police Sgt James Crowley


OK, so since I now have a blog, and since I do happen to live in Massachusetts, I guess I need to comment on the James Crowley situation....

I guess since, even when Governor Patrick is sportin' an approval rating around 40% , Charlie Baker is still running third in a three-way race, people will try to make political hay out of anything they can. No surprise.

The president has already apologized for his, umm, less-than-well-though-out, OK, stupid, comments.

People use incidents like this to thump their chests saying "I support the Police", "I support the Police" all the time. I support them as well. I think that people might be losing a little bit of perspective, however, in a time of 10% unemployment and $1 Trillion annual federal deficits. Maybe we could ALL walk this back a couple of steps.

I saw a sign posted to a bridge driving in to work Monday Morning that said some less-than flattering things about the President, Governor Patrick, and Professor Gates. Has this really struck that much of a nerve? Or are people getting a little nervous about their party's overall approval ratings?

Just a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment