July 31, 2009

Aren't We a Little Full of Ourselves, Mayor?

I really don't like it when people play the "History is Calling Me, The People are Calling Me, Here I Come to Save the Day" Card. It's really annoying.


Depends on how bad it is: Rudy Giuliani says he might have to save state and run for Gov.

Rudy Giuliani slapped New York's GOP leadership for having no bench on Thursday, then hinted that if things get much worse, he may have to run for governor.

"If I thought I could make a real difference in the state, really change things...then I would [run]," he told a Crain's NY Business Breakfast Forum.

He joked that "the only way I could get elected governor is the way I got elected mayor - things have to be so bad," he joked, referring to the chaos and crime he inherited when he took over City Hall in 1993.

So how bad is New York State right now, he was asked.

"New York is in pretty bad shape," he said.

There is no question that if you have to rely on George Pataki and me, you are in deep trouble," the former mayor said, referring to the former governor, who many believe could run for U.S. Senate against Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand.

"We should be moving forward with dynamic new candidates," he added, "but the party at some point stopped developing."

No comments:

Post a Comment